I was really hoping to be able to get into the hive today. The weather has been my most uncooperative friend and I am sure my little bees are not happy with with the overcast skies and chill in the air either. Today is the 15th day past my last hive check when I made sure my queen had been released. If you’ve followed my updates, you will see that I have been postponing my latest check because of the weather. The bees have a hard enough time as it is without sending them out of the hive to catch their chill in 50 degree weather. I also finally got an update on my bee suit that got confiscated by customs in New York. My replacement is on it’s way. Actually, it is the 3rd replacement because they failed to send the 2nd one via FedX. Hey, I’m not complaining! They emailed that I’m getting a free pair of gloves as a thank you for “bee-ing” patient. Did I mention I ordered a Lilac colored suit? Hmm…will post photos when I get it!
Tales From the Hive on Facebook
Join 819 other subscribers